The very best recovery centers or crisis are ones that will treat your behavioral disorder as well as your addiction. If someone or you have a behavioral disorder and is also suffering from an addiction to alcohol and drugs, help is available immediately. There are many addiction treatment crisis facilities around the country with help for your problem.
When you have a behavioral disorder as well as cocaine addiction this is known as “dual addictions”. You will need to have cocaine addiction treatment. With the right type of help, there is hope. Most all crisis rehab facility treats dual addictions to increase the chances for a recovery.
It is important to find a facility that focuses on both addiction issues and mental health issues. According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, over 32 percent of crisis recovery centers have a dual focus program.
Various facilities might offer different services and to ensure that your needs are going to adequately met, you need to focus on finding a facility that has the services that are important to you. Services that may be offered include:
- Mental health diagnostics
- Assessments to determine substance abuse issues as well as mental health
- Drug and alcohol testing throughout treatment to make certain you do not relapse
- Interim services as you can get treatment while you are waiting to be admitted to a facility
- Medication to help with symptoms of withdrawal
- Medication to treat issues of mental health
- Services to help prepare you to move back to the community after you complete treatment
- Behavioral therapy to meet addictions as well as disorders of behavior
- Substance abuse education and classes. When looking for this type of rehab, you might find facilities that have the following approaches to therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Addiction counseling and relapse prevention therapy
- Addiction withdrawal therapy
- Anger management therapy
- 12-step programs’
- Counseling to treat any trauma
Dual diagnoses are quite a disorder to fight but your team of health professionals will be able to help you until you are feeling well again.